Sunday, August 29, 2010

Candace's Emmy 2010 Recap

I will try not to rant, because there was too much that I didn't agree with on the Emmy's tonight, however, there were a couple fabulous parts tonight, and I will stick to those!

I have to say, I think this is the best opening the Emmy's has ever had. Honestly, I can't remember any of the other openings now that I think about it. But this one will never fade. A musical performance with Jimmy Fallon, the cast of Glee, Nina Dobrev, and Jorge Garcia. Having been reading spoilers for the event for the last few days, I knew it would start with a musical performance. I was bouncing up and down, clapping like a Gleek when Nina Dobrev, the star of "The Vampire Diaries" hopped in, but I "LOST" it when Jorge Garcia joined in! Then he and Nina got to bust out a verse together! I was falling out of my chair! It was fabulous!


Let me tell you, I have never been so happy with the Emmy's in my life until Jim Parsons won Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series for his performance of Sheldon Cooper in "The Big Bang Theory". I wanted him to grab it, but I honestly thought Steve Carrell would grab it instead. I am BEYOND happy for Jim. I was so shocked, that I gasped at the top of my lungs and almost fell from my chair. I bet I'm not the only one cheering and possibly crying for their favorite TV nerd! And in true Sheldon Cooper fashion, with that Emmy in his hand he couldn't sit still and couldn't slow down, but that's why we love him.




For me, the ceremony went down hill after that, which both of these previous moments happened in the first thirty minutes. There was only one other performance that I enjoyed, and that was Jimmy Fallon's tribute to "LOST", "24" and "Law & Order". It was hilarious and had me falling out of my chair once again. Fallon's Green Day rendition for "LOST" was classic! Once I find a good quality video of it, I will post it, but there isn't one quite yet. All in all, I think Jimmy Fallon was a fantastic host, and I would love to see him host the Academy Awards very soon.Just as a quick little tid bit for the red carpet, I think hands down the best dressed was Nina Dobrev. She was a goddess! There were plenty of gorgeous and beautiful gowns, but once we finally saw her on screen, my jaw just dropped. I'm not sure Nina will ever end up on a worst dressed list, and I always want to steal her shoes. Running a close second is Claire Danes,who won Outstanding Actress in a TV or Miniseries for "Temple Grandin".

No comments: