Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Best 'Castle' episodes


And no this isn't because of my interview with Stana Katic.

I was bored yesterday and was watching some On-Demand cable. I saw they put the first of the two parter with Dana Delany and I thought to myself "Man, I love this show."

So I started thinking about what my top 5 favorite episodes were (even though I could do a top 10 or 15).

5. The first episode "Flowers for your Grave." It sets up the world of "Castle" perfectly and makes you want to watch more of it.

4. Second season episode "When the Bough Breaks." Not only does it have a great story, about a murdered Russian woman and babies switched at birth, it has a great subplot involving Castle being offered the James Bond franchise. I really thought this episode could have served as a great series finale.

3. "The Double Down" or as some call it "The Wager episode." Two separate murders happen so the two teams bet each other who can solve theirs first. Not only is there a lot of funny moments in the show, but the cases will keep you guessing until the very end.

2. "Vampire Weekend" Nathan Fillion dressed as Capt. Mal from "Firefly" and a funny "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" reference. Plus, the case is really good (a "vampire" and a "werewolf" both murdered).



1. "Sucker Punch" Talk about a great episode. We finally learn who killed Beckett's mother, but she still doesn't know why. Every single actor on the show gets a chance to shine and pull off some great acting. Why this wasn't nominated? I'll never know. The end to this episode is almost pitch perfect with Pearl Jam's "The End." Spoiler alert!

1 comment:

phoenixtear said...

Ha. Spoiler Alert, no kidding. The "switched babies" part is basically exactly what happened, which you don't learn until the end of the episode.