Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DC New 52 halfway point


This Wednesday marks well into the halfway point of DC's New 52 relaunch.

On the menu for today's comic purchases for me?

"Green Lantern Corps" for sure. Also going to try out "Red Hood and the Outlaws." "Nightwing" is another huge purchase.

If I have extra money to spend I'll take a look at "Batman."

Since we are at the halfway point I thought I'd share what are my top five favorite issues so far:

1. "Batgirl"

2. "Red Lanterns"

3. "Justice League"

4. "Animal Man"

5. "Detective Comics"

Why "Batgirl" as my No. 1? Simple, the story was great, dialogue was funny, the art was fantastic, it was reader friendly while at the same time respectful of the character's history. It doesn't get any better than that.

As far as the final week I am beyond excited for "Green Lantern: New Guardians." I might also pick up "The Savage Hawkman," "Flash" and "Aquaman."

No comments: