Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Great 'Rock Band' song week


Each week new songs are put out to be downloaded into the "Rock Band" games.
Usually I'm not so gung-ho about downloading a ton of songs.

At last count I have 27 downloaded songs. Three of those were free and a handful more were only $1.

Say in the past couple of months I have "purchased" two songs ("Poker Face" and "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M. *had a free coupon*).

This week might just change that.

Not only are the pre-sale songs being released ("Blue Monday" by New Order, "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads and "My Own Summer" by The Deftones) but also a collection of Bon Jovi's "Greatest Hits."

"Bad Medicine"
"Blaze of Glory"
"Have a Nice Day"
"I'll Be There For You"
"Lay Your Hands on Me"
"It's My Life"
"Livin' on a Prayer"
"Runaway"
"Wanted Dead or Alive"
"We Weren't Born to Follow"
"Who Says You Can't Go Home"
"You Give Love a Bad Name"

Yes, some of those songs are already in previous games. They are actually re-releasing them with vocal harmonies and keyboard parts. You want to play the keys in "Livin' on a Prayer?" An extra $2.

Not that I'm complaining.

I am looking to pick up "Blue Monday," "It's My Life," "Livin' on a Prayer," "Runaway" and "We Weren't to Follow."

"It's My Life" is a great song, even though there is no Talk Box attachment for "Rock Band..." yet.

The entire Bon Jovi pack is 12 songs going for $19.99, which is almost $4 in savings. I just don't love the rest of the songs enough to spend the money.

Besides, dropping $10 in one sitting is enough.

No comments: